- Obtain a fresh version of the theme from ThemeForest Downloads page.
- Go to your Admin Panel → Appearance → Themes, activate a different theme, and delete the older version of the theme you want to update.
- Click the “Add new” button and upload the new version of the theme. Once the theme has been installed, click the “Activate” link.
- Install/update the required plugins. Once you install and activate the updated theme, you are presented with a message* similar to the one you see below (just like when you first installed the theme). Click the “Begin…” links and install/update the plugins.**
** — If you have dismissed the message, you can get to the required/recommended plugins list by going to:
* — If you are wondering why functionality is contained in plugins created by the same author who created the theme, please note that this is a ThemeForest requirement. This ensures that when you change a theme you don’t lose your data. In a word, themes = looks, plugins = functionality.