2 Questions

Mauer Themes Support Bild 2 Questions

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  LeeOsbornePhotographer 5 days, 17 hours ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hi!

I am almost done building my site. 2 questions:

1) How do I re-arrange the order in which the portfolio thumnails appear? I am hoping I don’t have to just re-upload the folios in the appropriate chronological order? Is there a way to drag and drop or just do something else to make them display in another sequence?

2) I find that the navigation between folios, once you open one is awkward. You have to reclick the men, then photographs again and then select a new folio. Is it possible to add an arrow that navigates from one complete folio to the next, without having to go all the way back to the main menu again? thanks!

http://www.leeosbornestudio.com

Paul
    Keymaster

Hello Lee,

You don’t need to re-create the projects to reorder them. You can change the dates of the existing projects. Or use a drag-and-drop solution:

Install and activate this plugin. Then go to ‘Settings’ > ‘Intuitive CPO’, check Portfolio and Galleries and save the settings. Now you can drag and drop Portfolio projects and Galleries in your admin panel. Just here: yourdomain.com/wp-admin/edit.php?post_type=project

As for the navigation, there are ‘Related projects’ at the end of each project (if you are using Portfolio projects). And if you are using galleries, you need to either go back via the browser Back button, or via the site menu.

Regards,
    Paul

Thank you.

So I really need my galleries to be a bit more navigate-able. It’s too labourious for viewers to click the menu, the “Photographs”, then the category etc. each time they look at a new gallery.

I did set my photos up as galleries (not portfolios). Is there a way to make a drop down menu on the main page – so that under “Photographs” you can see the main category headings? That would be Advertising, People and Unit Stills categories links dropping down in my case.

Thanks….

Oh and does that plugin work on most WordPress themes by the way? I have a few other sites…. THANKS

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.