3 questions

Mauer Themes Support Essentialist 3 questions

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Paul 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

trondalex
    Participant

Hi Paul

I have three more questions

1) Comments will not show
    I had disabled comments under settings/discussion, as well as I used a Disable Comments plug-in. After some thoughts I have decides to have the comments back, and tried to turned it on under settings/discussion” and I have deleted the plug-in. However the comments feature will not show in previously published posts, only in new posts. Is this a cache problem?

I tried previously the W3 Cache and at some point after i had released the cache, the comment functions showed. Just after that the style sheet probably crashed, and i had to use a backup to get the site looking good again. I’m anxious to use another plug-in like super fast cache to see if it will help.
    Any thoughts?

2) <!–more–> tag
    I’ve seen you use the <!–more–> tag to select what part of the text will stay in the the front page teaser of an article. However I’ve used a H3 to format for the introductory paragraph. When I include <!–more–> the teaser will also be in H3.
    Is there a way to circumvent this, so the teaser still looks great, and still maintain H3 in the first paragraph of the article?

3) Long menu items
    One of my navigation menu items consist of many submenu items. The long list conflicts with the main picture in an article, and the menu stacks under the picture. Can this be omitted in some ways, so the menu always is on top of the main picture?

My site is musikkjournalistikk.no

• This topic was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by  trondalex.

trondalex
    Participant

Hey, I found the way to show the comments now. Sorry for that.

trondalex
    Participant

Hi Paul,

do you have any comments regarding questions 2 and 3?

Trondalex

Paul
    Keymaster

Hello Trondalex,

I’ll have a chance to get to these tomorrow.

Paul.

Paul
    Keymaster

Hello Trondalex,

I apologize for the late reply. Here are the answers to your questions.

< !–more–> tag.
    I’ve seen you use the < !–more–> tag to select what part of the text will stay in the the front page teaser of an article. However I’ve used a H3 to format for the introductory paragraph. When I include < !–more–> the teaser will also be in H3.
    Is there a way to circumvent this, so the teaser still looks great, and still maintain H3 in the first paragraph of the article?

There is a way. But not with the < !-more-> tag. The teaser will still have the H3 in the situation you are describing. However, if instead of using the < !-more-> tag, you will manually specify the excerpt, it will look nice. Basically this way the excerpt and the text of the post become independent.

So, here is how to use do this:
    Furst, click the ‘Screen options’ link at upper right part of the post edit screen, and make sure the ‘Excerpt’ checkbox is checked (see screenshot).

Then make sure not to have the < !–more–> tag in the text of the post.

Finally, write your custom excerpt in the Excerpt metabox (see screenshot).

The dropdown menu going under post cover.
    Please add the following CSS (the same way you added previous code — with the Simple Custom CSS plugin):

.mauer-navbar {z-index: 150;}

The images.
    Do I understand it right that you also had some sort of an issue with the images?

Regards,
    Paul

trondalex
    Participant

Thanks Paul, that’s awesome.
    As with the images, the content creator uses the crop 2:3. In the article the automatic crop is se to to 16:9 (?), and hence it sometimes make a very odd crop (cutting off heads and feet). I gather i might be able to do something in the “Post Thumbnail Editor, but so far I have not made a lot of effort to try change it.

Thanks again for a great Theme design and your kind support!!

Paul
    Keymaster

As for aspect ratio: yes it makes sense to try the thumbnail editor plugin if you want more control over the area which is taken for different thumbnails. If you decide to use it, please know that the thumbnail size that, I guess, you are referring to (post cover on single posts) is called ‘mauer_cover_thumb’.

It seemed to me you also had some issues with pictures in galleries. I guess’m just remembering smth wrong.

Anyway, thanks for using the theme for such a noble thing as music journalism. Cheers!

Paul

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.