January 27, 2020 at 5:03 pm #3730
When I click a tag or category to have an overview, the list on mobile is distorted.
Please help me solve this issue asap. Thx in advance.
image 3January 28, 2020 at 4:26 pm #3731
Could the technical team please respond? I would appreciate this.January 29, 2020 at 11:24 pm #3734
1. Can you please let me know if you are experiencing it regularly, or if it is a regular occasion?
2. If the former is true, could it be that you did not have a good internet connection at the time when you experienced this?
3. Also, were you using the Masonry layout when you experienced this or the 3 col grid layout?
4. Are you using any third-party solution for images (caching, optimizer plugin, etc.)?
PaulJanuary 30, 2020 at 8:43 am #3735
1) regularly (only with Masonry)
2) not applicable
3) I changed my layout to 3 columns grid because I didn’t want my visitors to experience the issues. That works fine. That’s why you didn’t see any issues.
The issues arise using Masonry. I’ll turn it back to masonry right now.
4) only Jetpack as recommened.February 3, 2020 at 6:14 pm #3737
Thanks for having turned on the masonry. I’ve tested the site again on both 6S and 11 Pro, in both Safari and Chrome, and I can’t reproduce the issue.
Can you please let me know if this is happening to you in the masonry layout in the demo?
Also, can you please clear your browser cache and see if the issue persists?
PaulFebruary 3, 2020 at 6:19 pm #3739February 3, 2020 at 8:34 pm #3749
Didie, please go to “Jetpack” > “Settings” > “Performance” and let me know if the “Enable Lazy Loading for images” switch is turned off.February 7, 2020 at 12:07 pm #3756
the issue doesn’t occur all the time. Only after a few clicks.
I have turned off the lazy loading previously.
It’s a strange bug.
But I decied to go for the 3 column grid. That solves it all at once.
And on mobile the masonry doesn’t show anyway so 3 column is fine.
Thx for looking into this.May 6, 2020 at 11:06 am #3838
I’ll be updating the theme this month and will look into this again. Basically, I still can not reproduce the issue with Masonry, but I may have some ideas to improve the reliability of the code.
As for you saying that “on mobile the masonry doesn’t show anyway”: I was testing the Masonry on mobile on a number of devices and operating systems, and haven’t encountered errors. For instance, the demo page Masonry works just fine on mobile for me — link. It stacks up the images in one column which is conventional mobile behaviour. It may be that some third-party code that you have added is conflicting with the work of the theme.
Anyway, I will take a second look at Masonry-related code during the update. Getting to your other posts now.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.