January 21, 2019 at 10:53 pm #3165
Thx a lot for the theme — I’ve had it for the last 2 months on http://chagency.co.uk/blog
1. Wanted to know what would be needed in order to have a full-width image function on the blog page? I noticed it works well with Gutenberg and it looks very clean – however, I’d love to have a full-width image function
2. If you have a look at the website and scroll down, it seems like the grid looks fine except for a last blog post that’s there by itself on its row — any idea what might cause this and how to fix it?
Ch DanielMarch 17, 2019 at 9:30 pm #3307
It’s great to know that the theme is serving you well. By the way an update has been released on January 29th (ver. 1.21). This update introduced full support for Gutenberg and WP5, including the ‘Narrator Gallery’ Gutenberg block.
I invite you to update if you haven’t already. When updating the theme, be sure to also update the bundled plugins (e.g. ACF). This is vital for proper functioning of the theme.
As for your points:
1. Having a full-width image would actually require quite a substantial code and design customization (not included into support according to ThemeForest rules). You could contract a WP expert for this customization at Envato Studio or Codeable.io.
2. Please adjust the WP setting responsible for the number of posts per page. It is located in Admin Panel > Settings > Reading > Blog pages show at most.
If you are using a 3 column layout, it makes sense to use a number that is divisible by 3. For instance, the demo homepage (which has a 3-column layout), uses 9 for ‘Blog pages show at most’.
You can find a bit more info about this in the Recommendations section of the User Guide (it’s right at the end).
Please excuse me for the late reply. There has recently been a gap in support due to a family situation. I am back at work now and will respond much faster.March 17, 2019 at 9:34 pm #3308
Just to make sure I understand you right:
By talking about a “full-width image function on the blog page” you don’t mean exactly what you see at the demo homepage (the picture with the red building), or do you?
Thanks.March 18, 2019 at 12:35 pm #3315
Thx for the reply. Hope things will be better for you and your family.
Oh no, I meant the full-width picture in a blog post, like Medium allows: https://medium.com/chagency/dont-burn-my-eyes-mysterious-experiences-dark-mode-ui-f9cde5719604
I understand if it’s not under your responsibilities. Thx for the reply and I’ll have a look at #2 solution!
Wish u well and thx again for the theme!
Edit: #2 worked like a charm!
March 18, 2019 at 3:21 pm #3317
- This reply was modified 6 months, 1 week ago by Daniel.
Glad to know #2 has worked for you.
As for #1, yes, now I see what you mean. Then my original comment was right. It requires quite a substantial amount of coding.
Thanks for the kind words.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.